Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility have teamed up to stay in the game by announcing their first dual-core 1GHZ processor phone, the DROIDX2. It was available online on May 19th and will be in Stores May 26th. The sleek design boasts a 4.3 inch scratch-resistant screen and a qHD anti-reflective display that offers sharp clear images perfect for the movie lover or picture guru. The DROIDX2 has an 8-Megapixel camera that takes HD video which goes hand in hand with the new Gallery App that allows you to tag, view and post photos in Facebook and Flickr.
Check out more:
- Powered by Android 2.2, to be updated to Android 2.3
- Mirror Mode allows you to view and share your photos, videos and downloaded movies on a larger TV via HDMI output
- Enterprise-ready with security and IT-grade policies, allowing you to use your DROID X2 for work and play
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Mobile Hotspot capability, allowing you to share your 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring SWYPE technology for quick and easy typing of messages and emails
Pricing and availability:
- The DROID X2 will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 19 and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on May 26 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- DROID X2 customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access and an unlimited smartphone data plan is $29.99 for monthly access.
The DROIDX2 will be an excellent option for the avid gamer or socialite who is always rolling the camera for some candid fun. More information is available on www.verizonwireless.com or you can visit you local Verizon Wireless store for more details.