Google has updated their Google Maps interface to become compatable with Android iOS which will allow us to access all of the features of Google Map that we get on the desktop right on our mobile phone or tablet.
Here is how:
- See your current location
- Search for what’s nearby with suggest and auto complete
- Have clickable icons of popular businesses and transit stations
- Get driving, transit, biking, and walking directions
- Turn on satellite, transit, traffic, biking, and other layers
- View Place pages with photos, ratings, hours, and more
- When signed into your Google account, access your starred locations and My Maps
For example see screenshots below:
If you want to see what else Google Maps can do for you on the go click here: Google Maps or on your mobile devices’ browser and see for yourself.
Google has done a great job making Google Maps so interactive and useful. I use it all the time whether I am out doing errands, driving to work or on a road trip. It’s definitely a great feature to have available on the fly. No more searching on the desktop and printing out directions and maps before leaving the house Thanks Google for updating and giving us the experience of a reliable navigation, information provider and traffic report tool all at our finger tips!