Are you already a Dropbox user like me, and want to add an extra layer of protection? Then Boxcryptor for Android may be the one for you! With up to 2 GB of free encryption, you cant go wrong.
Boxcryptor is an encryption service that adds an extra layer of protection to your Dropbox files. The Android App only allows you to read encrypted files, not write them. To encrypt your files, you must download the software to your PC from the homepage.
Some of the main features of Boxcryptor include:
- Always have your sensitive files with you – and feel good because it is secured by encryption
- Read access to all encrypted files, photos, and music in your Dropbox
- Encryption directly on your phone – your password is never transmitted
- Secure storage by using the AES-256 standard. (Advanced Encryption Standard with a key size of 256 bit)
- Filename Encryption to hide any sensitive information hat might be stored in the name of a file or a folder.
- App unlock PIN for additional security
- Limited EncFS compatibility (see our Homepage for more details)
Bottom line- if you use Dropbox for everything like I do, don’t forget to protect and encrypt your files. Boxcryptor helps keep your information safe and gives you peace of mind.
So does anyone else use Boxcryptor to keep their files secure? Leave a comment after the break! You can also download Boxcryptor below.